Saving energy and water in the education sector is a national priority – this video masterclass shows how to accomplish the greening of education.
This master class gives delegates a lively and interactive introduction to proven ways to cut energy and water usage across main areas of consumption, including LED lighting, showers, HVAC and building controls.
The video is from SaveMoneyCutCarbon managing director Mark Sait’s masterclass session at the Greening Education conference organised by GovToday in London, which attracted a packed house and great feedback.
The timing is right – the Higher Education Funding Council for England’s Revolving Green Fund (RGF) is to be extended following a positive evaluation of its first three rounds in helping higher education institutions reduce their carbon emissions and energy bills.
The fund will get a £34 million investment boost, creating opportunities for jobs and growth in the green goods and services sector. We’re here to help education institutions, large and small to cut carbon footprint and shrink their energy & water bills.
Reducing energy and water consumption is the key to cutting costs and improving sustainability in education and in every other sector. This masterclass uses product demonstrations and compelling case studies to bring to life what can be done within education to cut waste and reduce costs.
- Find out how student accommodation can learn from the UK hospitality industry to save millions
- Understand the pitfalls to avoid when considering LED lighting
- Find out how best to start on your green journey
- Get answers to your questions
Here are just a few of the comments from building services managers, schools surveyors, sustainability managers and advisers, and more:
- “Excellent. Good quick wins explained with some of the pitfalls of LED. Recommended!”
- “Excellent presentation – demonstrating simple ways to implement. Demonstrating practical measures that were tangible.”
- “Good presentation. Highlighting LED pitfalls, as the LED company do not tell you.”
- “Best presentation of the day! Great use of interactive props.”
- “Interesting and lively talk which I imagine everyone enjoyed. Certainly we all made a beeline to their stand afterwards.”
- “Great session – really good to see a number of practical tips of what can be implemented and the associated savings. Demo’s were excellent.”