After yesterday’s blog post about the European Union ban or recall on scores of LED lighting products we watched this very shocking (literally) video about the dangers of buying cheap. The video was produced by Julian Ilett, self-confessed ‘electronics nerd and Eco-Geek’.
It’s good that we have people like Julian around to share their extensive knowledge and experience. As Julian says about the dangerous GU10 he dismantles: “This GU10 LED spot light is cheap (£3 including postage) and bright. But it’s also lethal!
There’s a 50% chance of putting live mains within a few microns of the metal casing (which is what you’ll be holding when you insert it) and there’s no earth to protect you. It’s like playing Russian Roulette with 240v AC mains. This sort of thing gives new technology a bad name. Avoid it if you want stay alive.”
Here’s the video:
As we’ve underlined, SaveMoneyCutCarbon makes a point of fully testing every product it sells. You can learn more about our LED lighting here and please give us a call on 0333 123 5464 if you have any questions about your lighting needs – or contact us.