Tuesday June 5th is World Environment Day, and the theme for this year is “Beat Plastic Pollution”
As well as offering products like Grohe Blue Taps that help reduce plastic waste we also want to tell you about the ways the SaveMoneyCutCarbon team are reducing their own plastic waste.
To celebrate World Environment Day, we are offering you exclusive discounts and fantastic giveaways for four days. Spend over £50 receive a FREE canvas shopper bag. Spend over £100 and receive a FREE canvas shopper bag and Grohe water bottle!
#WorldEnvironmentDay #UNEnvironment #BeatPlasticPollution #GreenTuesday #TopTenTips
- I’ve stopped buying plastic bottled water and purchased a BPA free water bottle which I now fill with filtered water from home – Craig Kepner, Web Content Executive
- I will be using reusable wax fabric food wraps for my sandwiches and leftovers instead of using cling film – Carolyn, Executive Assistant
- I will be avoiding using plastic straws at bars and restaurants, opting to metal or papers straws as an alternative – Danni Brown, Category Marketing Manager – LED
- Avoid using plastic bags for fruit and vegetables where possible in supermarkets. Why do you need to put a couple of courgettes in a plastic bag? – Martyn Abbott, Head of Online
- I use a stainless-steel travel mug for my coffee when traveling in the car polyethylene-lined disposable coffee cups – Simon Blaaser, Regional Sales Manager
- I use a facewash that uses natural exfoliants instead of those that use plastic microbeads – Hannah Deeley, Consultative Sales Executive
- I always carry a ‘bag for life’ with me, avoiding plastic bags wherever possible – Gemma Turner, Technical Sales Executive
- Instead of throwing a plastic disposable razor in the bin every month, I use an electric razor that lasts years – Holden Cook, COO
- I say no to disposable cutlery when ordering take away food – Isobel Healey, Business Administrative Apprentice
- I use soil soap bars that are packaged in paper instead of using liquid soap in plastic bottles – Hazel Barraclough, Marketing Assistant