European Hospitality Awards Green Hotel of the Year 2013: (from left) Derek Wood, compere; Mark Sait, MD of award sponsor SaveMoneyCutCarbon; Debra Patterson, Sustainability Manager of The Savoy and Jack Harding, Director of Engineering at the Savoy
Many congratulations to The Savoy, one of world’s iconic hotels, which has won the European Hospitality Awards Green Hotel of the Year.
As Green Hotel of the Year sponsor, SaveMoneyCutCarbon was delighted to hear the winning announcement on Friday night at the Intercontinental Hotel on Park Lane. We had a wonderful gala dinner, and I was particularly happy to present the award to Jack Harding, Director of Engineering and Debra Patterson, Sustainability Manager of The Savoy.
Heartfelt thanks to Natasha Raynor, Forum and Awards Director at Arena International Events Group, who organised a very memorable evening in London.
The Savoy is continuing to demonstrate how hotels can save money and cut carbon footprint since its ambitious and successful £100 million restoration. The three-year project had green strategies at its heart, while ensuring that guest satisfaction was unaffected by the energy and water-saving innovations.
We were also very pleased to act as host to Andrea Nicholas, Director Green Tourism, Ben Reed, Project Sales Manager of hansgrohe in UK, Oliver Bryant, who heads the Hospitality Division at Philips Lighting and Robert Kenworthy, Operations Director at Ralph Trustees.
Being green with a commercial focus is more important now than ever in the hospitality sector and all our guests are working in different ways to deploy or provide energy and water-saving solutions. We will continue to work with them and provide end-to-end services that deliver savings year-on-year for hotels.
Please do contact us to discuss your company’s green strategies on 0333 123 5464 to start the conversation. You can read more about the ways that we have saved hotels hundreds of thousands of pounds through our unique service here.
European Hospitality Awards 2013 winners:
- Green Hotel of the Year. Sponsored by SaveMoneyCutCarbon.com: The Savoy
- European Hospitality Awards Overall winner (Outstanding Hotel from all the winners): ME London
- Opening of the year 2013 (New Build). Sponsored by Kuehne + Nagel: ME London
- Opening of the year 2013 (Renovation or Conversion). Sponsored by Wellness Today/Happy Sauna Group: Radisson Blu Hotel Nantes
- International Hotel of the year 2013. Sponsored by TV5MONDE: Hub Porteno in Argentina
- Best Hotel Suite 2013. Sponsored by Pacific Direct: ME London
- Best use of Technology 2013. Sponsored by Airangel: Kempinski Hotel Palais Hansen
- Best Technology Category saw a Special Commendation go to Rotana Hotels.
- Hotelier of the year 2013. Sponsored by Crown / Palmiye: Stuart. P. Johnson at Browns Hotel
- Hotel Spa of the year 2013. Sponsored by Fashionizer: ESPA at The Europe Hotel
- Innovation in service 2013. Sponsored by Hotel Technology International: Lough Eske Castle
- Best Hotel Restaurant 2013. Sponsored by Tyco / Ansul Kitchens: L’Olivo Gourmet Restaurant at Capri Palace
- Lifetime Achievement in the Hotel Community. Sponsored by Laureate / Glion: Mr. Christopher Cowdray – Dorchester Collection
- Hans Koch, CEO of the KK6L Luzern Management AG
- Derek Wood, Managing Director of Derek Wood Associates Ltd
- Jane Sunley, Founder and CEO of Purple Cubed
- Heinz Beck, Michelin Star Chef
- Ted Horner, CEO E Horner & Associates Pty Ltd
- Paul Kerr, Co-Founder of Hill Goodridge& Associates Ltd
- Clare Smyth, Michelin Star Chef
- Rolf Schmidt, Managing Director of TOPHOTELPROJECTS GmbH.
We’re already looking forward to the European Hospitality Awards 2014 but contact us on 0333 123 5464 if you have any questions and feel free to share the good hospitality news with your colleagues and contacts.