About our Interior LED Bulbs
LEDs are the future lighting platform for all designers and architects. Our interior LEDs are now used in mood lighting, accent lighting, landscape lighting, building illumination and so many other applications. Our interior LEDs are economic, aesthetically pleasing, and environmentally friendly, provide significant energy savings and flexibility for your design, but, above all our LEDs are controllable.Read More
ArmadilloLED design and manufacture our internal LEDs and collaboratively we provide a flexible and tailored approach to provide appropriate, high quality and sustainable LED solutions. Our collaborative approach ensures we remain at the forefront of product development, re writing lighting standards to incorporate the latest energy star ratings with thermally efficient, quality focused designs. Our interior LED products are already delivering >85LPW and a development road map to >138LPW, without the need to go past 350Ma to achieve these impressive light outputs.
We can’t bend light round corners just yet although with colour temperatures from 2700k – 7000k and different beam angle options, our LED lighting solutions will deliver provisions for most of your lighting situations and requirements.
From the days of warmth and illumination around a camp fire, incandescent bulbs have long followed the same rules of wasting 98% of energy in heat, converting only 2% into radiated light. The next step in technology offered Compact Fluorescents, though invariably have a slow start to reach effective working light outputs. Compact fluorescent also significantly drop in light output after only a nominal time compared to instant light and long life spans on LED (Light Emitting Diodes). CFL’s in the main contain substances like Mercury that are harmful to health and the environment.
In the workplace or at home, the benefits of instant light from LED, with no slow ‘warm up’, noise or flicker deliver greatly improved ambience to any environment. For individuals with requirements for increased quality of light due to poor eye health, including Glaucoma, LED provides potential benefits for reading and PC work. All of our LED products are RoHS compliant with CE approval, produce no IR or UV.
BENEFITS OF CHOOSING OUR INTERIOR LEDs
- All of our interior LED products are built with high quality, world known recognised electronic components, including LED as a lighting source but also capacitors, semiconductors, resistors, or high temperature resistant wires.
- Energy Efficiency – the light bulbs burn very cool, while incandescent bulbs emit 98 per cent of their energy as heat!
- Instant and natural bright light.
- Long life – All interior LEDs can last well in excess of 50,000 hours. Incandescent light bulbs typically last around 1,000 hours and fluorescents are good for roughly 6,000 hours.
- Rugged durability – all internal LEDs have no fragile filament to contend with, and no fragile tube.
They are resistant to heat, cold, and shock.
- Low or No Maintenance.
- No UV or IR emissions.
- No Noise or Flicker.
- Innovatively dimmable.
- All of our interior LED products are robust and physically durable. LED products are therefore built with materials that are robust, shatter-proof but also high luminous efficiency.
- As a base, ArmadilloLED use high quality aluminium for best thermal management, Acrylic PMMA materials for optics to provide best in class light output and increase Luminaire Output Ratio.
- LEDs as a light source are SMD type (Surface Mount) High Brightness/Power LEDs, selected from BBL ANSI bin codes (Black Body Locus) (not blue or pink) to provide premium pure white neutral colour with High CQS (Colour Quality Scale) and CRI (Colour Render Index).
- There is a myth surrounding the world of lighting that LED technology is not quite ready yet. Consequently, colours, brightness, dimming and price exclude them from being a viable option for everyday lighting solutions. Not long ago, early interior LED products were a little quirky and therefore gained a reputation for emitting strange and inconsistent light.
- We have tried and tested hundreds of interior LED products over the last two years that have been manufactured within the UK and throughout the world. We have also visited many of the designers and manufacturers to further validate their products. It is fair to say that the LED sector is still evolving and is also a potential minefield with new products being introduced on a daily basis.It is also true that there still are a significant number of interior LED products being sold that still emit inconsistent light, poor lighting output and do not provide genuine energy efficiencies. Beware any LED supplier who provides you with a lifetime guarantee!Our experience clearly demonstrates that many of the cheaper LEDs available to buy that claim a lifetime of 50,000 hours are lasting for only a fraction of that time and furthermore the quality of lighting output is diminishing after a very short period of time.
- We applied our rigorous Quality Assurance checks on hundreds of LED products and our tests highlight the fact that the range of genuinely reliable, high quality and truly sustainable energy efficient LED solutions is very low indeed.
- Using LED technology we can not only achieve the familiar warm light required for residential projects but our interior LEDs will actually enhance our environment making it more colourful and controllable whilst reducing carbon emissions.
- Our interior LED products and manufacturing processes are RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) compliant and all LED products are covered with WEEE directive supporting your electronic recycling future with ArmadilloLED WEEE Certificate WEE/BD2588SY. Our LED products are also designed and manufactured to ISO14001:2004 Environmental Managements Standards.
- We are delighted to announce that we have successfully become a Carbon Trust Implementation Services Accredited Supplier. Carbon Trust Implementation Services Accredited Suppliers have to undergo an independent accreditation process to demonstrate their skills and experience in delivering low energy, high performing solutions. We look forward to working closely in partnership with the Carbon Trust in the months and years ahead to dramatically improve the energy efficiency of UK business and public sector organisations.
- We are also very pleased to partner The Carbon Trust and the new Accredited Supplier logo is a mark of quality assurance that demonstrates our track record, our expertise and our ongoing commitment to delivering best practice energy efficiency projects for our customers.
- All of our interior LED products are manufactured and tested within our partner’s own production facilities utilising unique and patented technology ensuring our interior LED products are reliable, maintenance free, easy to install and affordable. All of our interior LED products are built according to IESNA LM-80-08 standards, and tested for period of 6,000hrs with periodical measurements of 1,000hrs. Production, Assembly, and Quality Control Process is with strict norms of ISO9001:2008 – Quality management Standards and ISO14001:2004 – Environmental Management Standards.Further guidelines and review process have also taken place with the Institute of Manufacturing for accelerated management and production control. All LED products are serialised and date-coded. Production control is based on multi-level BOM (Billing of Materials) where control can be traced back to a single electronic component.
COMPLETE LIGHTING SOLUTIONS
Our lighting design team is very experienced and able to offer all of our clients a complete lighting solution. Whether commercial, hotel, hospital, retail or residential, we have extensive experience of working with architects, lighting designers, interior designers and private clients to provide solutions that will enhance the environment whilst significantly reducing energy consumption.
WHAT ‘COLOUR RENDERING INDEX’ IS REQUIRED FOR LED LIGHTING
According to BS EN 12464-1:2011 selected areas have specified standards. All of our interior LED products have been designed to achieve >80CRI. Light Emitting Diodes (LED) that are used in our Luminaires are specified through design, approval and procurements process. These LEDs have been carefully selected to provide pure white colour render based on Black Body Locus. Our rigorous Quality Assurance (QA) processes ensure our interior LED products avoid issues with “pink” or “blue” colours hue. Products have selected bin code for LEDs, provided uniformity of CCT across range of products. All products are tested to IESNA LM-79-08 standards.
Working with Armadillo LED we have been able to utilise their extensive semiconductor background to provide further assurance on the quality of all interior LED products. Many of our interior LED products are now also offered with innovative dimmable options that have been specifically designed within the bulb with no need for additional drivers or wiring.