|Job Title:||Site Auditor / Project Manager|
|Responsible to:||Head of Field Operations|
|Hours:||Full time (37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday)|
Purpose of Job/ Key Objectives
The role has two distinct functions, giving the right candidate flexibility and variety. This includes a holistic approach to projects starting from the audit and survey stage, through to the delivery and completion of projects.
We are a new breed of fast growing, award winning business; using a digital focus to educate and attract customers, who are looking to improve their sustainability, energy, water and carbon emissions reduction. We then deliver exceptional customer service for engaged customers, through online sales and a range of technologies and solutions delivered in the field covering all aspects of energy & water savings, reducing carbon emissions.
Founded in 2012, SaveMoneyCutCarbon has helped hundreds of thousands of customers reduce their carbon footprint whilst saving money by using water and energy in more sustainable ways. A recently announced new relationship and multimillion-pound investment by Barclays will help SaveMoneyCutCarbon grow faster and we need exceptional recruits, those that think outside of the box, those that make things happen, to deliver against this ambition.
From schools, hospitals, hotels, warehousing operators and public sector organisations to thousands of homes across the country, SaveMoneyCutCarbon’s customers collectively save over 727 million litres of water and 23 million kWh of energy each year, delivering a carbon reduction of 6,765 tonnes per annum from completed projects and products sold on its online platform. The carbon reduction alone is equivalent to travelling 23.24 million miles in an average petrol car.
Covering an increasing range of solutions and technologies we only work with established, proven global manufacturers, and internally to support this we create technical sales “hubs” to make sure we have the expertise in house to support our wider sales and online customers, to ensure every customer gets the best guidance, expertise and ultimately savings.
We don’t focus on selling “things in boxes,” we sell savings, payback and peace of mind, working hand in hand with clients and manufacturers to uncover untapped saving opportunities, building robust business cases, specifying the best solutions, financing the projects, the supplying and often installing across the UK. While many global manufacturers have well established distribution channels for shifting boxes or technical networks, we are creating something new; a marketplace and platform focused on customers who are interested in and driven by energy / water savings and the reduced carbon emissions this can deliver.
The role has two distinct functions, giving the right candidate flexibility and variety:
The Audit & Survey Stage
- Qualify: working closely with our sales functions to help qualify the client’s needs and tailor our audit or survey offering, this is often delivered by video calls with stakeholders, so you will need be a clear and confident communicator who can build confidence with our new clients in the early stages of the relationship.
- Audit: our clients want us to visit their building and to identify & unlock potential energy and water savings and calculate the resulting carbon reduction. Using our audit process, you must have good attention to detail and be able to build the client’s confidence as they start their carbon reduction journey with us. We often visit sites across the UK, but also working on using the latest augmented reality technology to audit remotely, reducing carbon footprint even further.
- Specification: working directly with some the largest and respected manufacturers you will work with our existing team to specify the best product or solution to maximise the savings and carbon reduction.
- Audit Report – using our proprietary reporting tool, you will help create the client report that clearly shows what they can do, the investment costs, paybacks and carbon reduction. This provides our clients with a unique road map for their carbon reduction journey.
Delivery of the Projects
- Unlike many standalone auditor roles, we encourage the ongoing relationship our auditors and surveyors have already built with the client during the audit process through to the delivery phase. Our existing auditors love the fact that they can take ownership of the project management aspect of the solutions they have recommended. This provides continuity for our clients, drives continual learning for our auditors and allows them to see the real benefit they have created for the client and ultimately the planet.
- At this stage in our customer’s journey we are looking for good project management, co-ordination and the communication skills are critical to the delivery of a smooth project, on budget and on time. Managing all the internal & external stakeholders, utilising our approved installer network to provide what we call a “customer wow.”
TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS & EXPERIENCE
- Energy and water auditing background or associated technical skills
- Energy consultancy background
- Experience using online cloud-based reporting tools
- Metering and monitoring and energy management
- SECR and energy compliance support
- Likely to be a qualified electrician with experience of installation and surveying work, now wanting to progress in their career
- Ability to manage 3rd party contractors on site to detailed project plan
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Confident with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Familiarity with LED lighting and other energy efficient products desirable but not essential
- Experience of project management on retro fit installation projects
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Have the ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Be able to carry out remedial work if needed
- Be flexible
- Be able to stay away and travel
- Have a full UK driving licence
- Due to the nature of our planned growth in project work it is a requirement for this role to have an enhanced DBS which is clean, to enable access to any educational facilities etc.
- This is a role for someone who has a combination of technical and project management skills, someone who doesn’t wait for others, but makes things happen internally and for clients.
- Must be able to operate at all levels both internally and with customers
- Confident and articulate with first class communication and negotiation skills
- Self-starter with a proactive approach and able to work on own initiative
- An understanding of business practices and ethics
- Operate in accordance with the SaveMoneyCutCarbon values
- Commitment, drive and enthusiasm above the average
- The ability to work in a demanding and ever-changing environment where meeting time deadlines are a key task
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and methodically drive process improvement
- Goal oriented person who can deliver successful results
- Likes to work in a business with a strong sales culture.
- Strong communicator towards customers, organisation and sales team.
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Open and honest, driven to succeed.
- Creative and shows initiative.
- Believes in the company values.
- Relevant market, product and application knowledge.
- Strong moral compass
- This must be your sole job.
SaveMoneyCutCarbon is based in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, but we operate all over the UK, so this role is likely to be home-based, the ability to visit the HQ office when required would be a distinct advantage. A typical working week would include on site 3-4 days a week with 1-2 days at home or in the office writing up surveys/specifying.
To find out more, or submit your application please email your CV and cover letter to
If you think you have the skills and the drive to be successful in this role then please apply with your CV and a covering letter
0333 123 5464