|Job Title:||Lead Installation Technician – Plumbing|
|Hours:||FTE hours are 40 hours a week within our business hours of 8am – 6pm (flexed by team and individual), Monday to Friday.|
|Location:||Bury St Edmunds with frequent travel required across the UK|
Purpose of Job/ Key Objectives
The role will involve the candidate working alongside a sales manager and operations manager as the technical lead. Your collective goal will be to develop the start up into a thriving business. Initially, the candidate will act as the sole technical lead within the unit, however a successful candidate may evolve into leading a team of technical personnel if the unit meets its growth targets.
SaveMoneyCutCarbon is creating a business unit to supply and install energy efficient Propelair toilets to commercial washrooms across the UK. We are now scaling our operations to deliver thousands of units per year and become the market leader. SMCC is Propelair’s biggest single customer and now an official UK master distributor. We have delivered the largest ever UK roll out of Propelair energy efficient toilet units to date. With the UK’s leading website platform for selling energy efficient products & solutions, we are uniquely positioned to achieve this growth through our diverse and expanding consumer base.
This is a very exciting opportunity to be a part of a small team that builds its own business unit, with the benefit of being backed financially by SMCC. With a company wide fast moving entrepreneurial culture, we want you to succeed and success will be rewarded through a profit share scheme linked to your business units’ performance.
The role will involve the candidate working alongside a sales manager and operations manager as the technical lead. Your collective goal will be to develop the start up into a thriving business.
Initially, the candidate will act as the sole technical lead within the unit, however a successful candidate may evolve into leading a team of technical personnel if the unit meets its growth targets.
Your main duties will involve lending technical support to our existing install base and new potential customers via the sales and project delivery function. This will typically involve performing surveys of client sites, supervising contractor installations and managing clients’ maintenance requirements. From time to time, you may also be required to provide technical support to other water efficiency installations outside of the Propelair realm.
FTE hours are 40 hours a week within our business hours of 8am – 6pm (flexed by team and individual), Monday to Friday. However, you may have to work longer when necessary. You’ll spend the majority of your time at client sites, however you will also have at least one office day per week.
- To participate in the continuing development of internal processes and procedures necessary to grow the unit’s operations in terms of scale and performance
- To conduct surveys of client sites that are earmarked for Propelair installations
- To support in the planning of installation projects
- To supervise and participate in Propelair installations as and when needed
- To commission Propelair installations and provide reports for key stakeholders
- To supervise CCTV drain surveys of toilet pipework conducted by 3rd party companies
- To perform maintenance visits to client sites to check and or repair Propelair toilet units or other similar water efficiency products
- To become the in-house product champion for Propelair systems
- To provide technical support to sales and administrative teams on selling water products
- To manage the product returns process for Propelair systems, liaising with the client and the manufacturer to retrieve and return parts for inspection or credit
- To support with the installation of water efficiency products on general energy efficiency projects as and when needed
What we are looking for
- A can-do attitude and growth mindset
- Experience in installing water efficient products (or related industry) such as Taps, Showers, Toilets and Urinals
- Experience in energy and water saving / sustainability projects will be desirable
- Relevant technical qualifications will be considered
- Knowledge of plumbing and drain systems – experience is desirable
- Experience with drain systems is desirable
- Experience of site supervision duties
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and communicate effectively with site staff and project team
- The ability to problem – solve and remain calm under pressure
- Detail oriented
- High level of professionalism when dealing with clients
- Flexible attitude in terms of managing change and altering the scope of works
- Prepared to undertake frequent day travel to sites
- Prepared to have regular overnight stays / working away from home
- Pension Scheme
- Company Vehicle
- Tablet and / or Laptop
- All specialist training will be provided with an emphasis on continuing development
- Business unit profit share scheme will be implemented after an agreed timescale
- Travel arrangements supported by the company