Join Our Team:
Due to demand, we are looking for a driven Energy Manager to grow our existing Renewables team.
|Job Title:||Energy Manager|
Purpose of Job/ Key Objectives
The suitable candidate will be knowledgeable within the Renewables sector and be able to carry out a holistic range of tasks to support our B2B clients.
Energy Manager’s Key Accountabilities
- Inspect buildings and carry out energy surveys/audits. Identify energy consuming services and equipment.
- Report on equipment, legislation and compliance issues.
- Identify total Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions associated with the organisation’s activities, and the distribution of these emissions, to create a Carbon Baseline/footprint document.
- Identify and develop strategies on the practical implementation of energy and water related conservation opportunities and support to put these methods into practice.
- Work with the Energy Services team to set up tools and procedures to monitor and assess carbon emissions over time.
- Review the effectiveness of energy and carbon reduction measures and verify any savings made from these changes.
- Write reports and present findings to clients.
- Provide technical and practical advice and offer training on energy efficiency.
- Provide technical support to mechanical and electrical design engineers, auditors and customers when required.
- Support Carbon Mentors on client meetings to discuss management of energy resources, potential conservation measures, legislation and Energy Management Systems (EMS) to help meet client’s objectives and targets.
- Understand and report on Waste and Water Management.
- Apply a long term, lifecycle thinking approach to carbon reduction solutions
- Maintain strong relationships with colleagues.
- Represent the organisation across various forums when required.
- Review proposals and contracts for energy-related products and/or services.
Useful skills and experience
- Experience in energy efficiency and wider sustainable activities across multiple verticals.
- Proven track record of identifying both energy reduction and generation projects; with the ability to manage multiple projects to deliver the holistic energy strategy.
- Keen commercial common sense, able to keep up to date with latest technologies, products, legislation and compliance requirements.
- Data management and analysis skills, with ability to write reports.
- Experience of maintaining and improving BS EN ISO50001, 140001, PAS2060 or other energy management systems (EMS) across a large, multi-site organisation.
- Strong ability to communicate complex subjects clearly to a non-technical audience
- ESOS Lead Assessor preferable
If you think you have the skills and the drive to be successful in this role then please apply with your CV and a covering letter
0333 123 5464