|Job Title:||Ecommerce Manager|
|Responsible to:||Head of Online|
|Location:||Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk|
Purpose of Job/ Key Objectives
You will have previous experience of running an ecommerce website and be able to demonstrate your successes. You will be able to spot new opportunities, and not be afraid to challenge the current ways of doing things. You’ll be confident of working alone and managing your own time, as well as operating as part of a team.
We’re quite unusual in that our website is an eCommerce store, but also promotes the products and services that we offer for lead generation purposes.
The role can be summed up by this: you will help us grow. You will do this by acquiring new customers, but also retaining existing customers.
How will you do this? That will partly be up to you, we already have a number of successful channels running (some improvements will of course be possible) but we want to look at new technologies, things that we are not doing (or doing well) to increase revenue further and of course get more leads.
We want to be at the forefront of internet technologies, looking for new ways to increase our online presence. We are not afraid of trialling new things, we have a fail fast policy – let’s try it, but if it doesn’t work let’s move on quickly.
We sell to both domestic and business customers, the marketing to which are both very different as is the measurement of success.
You will have an understanding of data, and from analysing the data be able to advise and make informed decisions that will have a positive impact on the website. This might be to improve our CTR, reduce our CAC, increase average basket value, decrease bounce rates or improve our abandoned carts.
To be successful in this role you will have previous experience in the following:
- Managing an eCommerce website
- Commercially Aware
- SEO (we’d love to see more organic transactions!)
- SEM / PPC
- Google Merchant Centre
- Google Analytics. You’ll be able to spot trends and weaknesses and use this data to improve our website and its performance
- Google Search Console. You will be able to use this to help us make strategic decisions and identify any website issues
- Working closely with other departments such as Product Marketing to help plan out new product launches and increase visibility on our website
- Email Marketing
- Marketing Automation
Experience in the following would be highly beneficial, although not essential
- Facebook Advertising
- Amazon Marketplace including its advertising platform
To be part of our already successful team you will be:
- Passionate and driven about what you do
- Not afraid of accountability and ownership
- Happy to work under your own initiative but also as part of a team
- Not afraid to try new things
- Able to confidently present your findings on how the business can improve
- An entrepreneurial approach to working
- Ability to manage your own workload and work to agreed deadlines
- Deliver against KPIs and metrics
- Commercially aware
- High attention to detail
What do we offer in return?
- A competitive salary and pension scheme
- On-site parking
- Easy access offices, just off the A14
- Joining a growing, local company with a national (and beyond!) presence with the real opportunity to make a difference in our business