|Job Title:||Carbon Analyst|
Purpose of Job/ Key Objectives
The Carbon Analyst’s role is to plan, design and develop carbon reporting and carbon roadmaps for our clients. You will support our industrial, commercial and public sector customers in understanding and disclosing their full carbon footprints and in developing effective strategies for setting and achieving ambitious carbon reduction targets. You will also support the development of our services in this area and have input into external communications activities.
- Analysing clients’ carbon needs and developing plans to improve them.
- Keeping abreast of developments in the environmental and carbon sectors.
- Carry out data analysis and report production in the delivery of strategic carbon management and reporting services, with focus on:
- Scope 3 Inventories
- Net Zero Strategy development
- Science Based Targets, CDP and TCFD
- Collate and analyse technical and financial data on energy & carbon reduction solutions to provide practical and commercial information to customers
- Develop analytical tools and communications materials to support delivery of services
- Carry out research and analysis to develop our evidence base in carbon & net zero and input into external communications
- Attend internal and customer meetings / videoconferences as required, managing the communication of progress updates internally and with customers.
- Degree level qualified in relevant field or equivalent professional experience
- Awareness of and interest in climate change mitigation and Net Zero strategies and the global and national policy drivers
- Ability to process complex technical data and concepts into client-ready information
- Advanced user of the Microsoft Office Suite, notably specialist in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to project manage small consultancy projects
- 3+ years of experience in consultancy or analytical roles, focusing on energy, carbon or broader environmental management (flexible for the right candidate).
- Knowledge of energy efficiency and renewable energy technology and carbon offset mechanisms, and how they contribute to decarbonisation
- Experience of carbon footprint calculations including Scope 1 +2 and SECR reporting
- Experience of producing Scope 3 Inventories for large organisations
- Experience of advanced carbon reporting & compliance schemes such as CDP
- Experience of environmental and/or carbon footprint data verification/ assurance
- Experience of energy, financial or environmental data modelling e.g., emissions or energy price projections.
If you think you have the skills and the drive to be successful in this role then please apply with your CV and a covering letter
0333 123 5464