What back office system do we recommend?
We have chosen to partner with the GeniePoint platform back office software.
The GeniePoint Platform is a world-class electric vehicle charging back office system for managing and operating EV charging infrastructure.
It is built on a combination of systems & processes developed to deliver real-time data to both charge point operators and drivers – a core requirement for operating a successful EV network.
GeniePoint is a secure, scalable cloud-based platform based on the industry open standard protocol – OCPP.
GeniePoint also offer a telephone helpdesk for the EV driver manned 24/7 by highly trained personnel, this ensures complete confidence for our clients offering destination charging solutions to their customers/guests.
GeniePoint benefits (for the EV driver)
- Live map – provides real-time status and availability of all chargers on the GeniePoint network
- Easy access – access can be via smartphone or RFID card
- Driver waiting notifications – notify the driver currently using the charger that another driver is waiting to charge
- Fair and transparent pricing – drivers are typically charged per kWh, so drivers only pay for the energy used
GeniePoint benefits (for the Destination Chargepoint owner)
- Flexible payment options – choose between pre & post pay, with or without auto top up
- Flexible tariff system – enables charge point owners to set different rates for members/non-members, including peak and off-peak times, as well as adding start up and overstay fees
- Flexible SMS & email systems – enables charge point owners to customise any messages sent to the drivers, and any follow-on actions
- Multi-language / multi-currency – configurable language & currency options
- Find out more about destination charging
eoCloud – Bespoke Fleet Management Solution
eoCloud is eo’s very own back office system designed for use with their charging systems. Login to the EO Cloud to unlock smart charging functionality and get access to eo’s bespoke fleet management platform. The eoCloud provides fleet managers with a holistic view of their charging infrastructure and enables full control with a single click. eoCloud works by communicating with the eoHub. The EO Hub enables smart-charging functionality and access to the EO Cloud charging portal.
Key Features include:
- Full control of charging infrastructure & restrict access
- Monitor electricity consumption across all chargers
- Energy usage reporting
- Set load management requirements
- Set pricing and generate revenue
- Link home & work charging to record benefit-in-kind tax
What is OCPP?
Open Charge Point Protocol (OCPP) is an initiative led by the Open Charge Alliance (OCA). Its a software platform for communication between EV Charging stations and a central management system.
Why should I buy an OCPP compliant charger?
Open Charge Point Protocol (OCPP) compliant chargers give the site owner freedom of choice and flexibility to choose or develop their own back office software.
Much like mobile phone contracts, if you own your equipment, you have the right to choose your operating network provider.
Call a member of our team today to learn more about EV Charging Back Office Software
Call 0333 123 5464
“They were able to come in after the school activities had finished in the afternoon. The Team were very amenable to working around any occupational restrictions we had with clubs and so on.They were a cheerful bunch and left the school tidy everyday with the furniture returned to its usual positions.There were a few changes to the fittings etc. that were noted during the fitting from the original survey and these were put in place without any problems."
"Overall, the standard of work from SaveMoneyCutCarbon was impressive. After SaveMoneyCutCarbon secured the interest-free loan, they moved very quickly to install the LED lighting, ensuring that the work was completed during the summer holidays, which was excellent. The early impressions of the new lighting are very positive, particularly in the library area and staff room. I’m sure we will see more benefits as the winter draws in.”
"There was a strong business case for choosing LED lighting and we’re looking forward to reduced costs over many years.The lighting is much improved, a lot brighter and clearly better quality, which I’m sure we’ll notice even more as winter draws in.”
"Lighting controls in particular are a great asset as it is difficult to rapidly change people’s attitudes to switching off lighting."