LED home lighting – expert facts and infographic
Partner and lighting expert Philips has shared a great infographic and other data to help people learn more about energy saving LED home lighting.
You can view the full infographic by clicking on it or following this link.
Saving energy in the home: Philips facts
- Around 11.5 billion incandescent lamps were sold worldwide in 2011, of which 75% are used in homes. The global installed base is still 67% incandescent lamps vs. 33% energy savers.
- Philips LED bulbs offer high quality light, using 80% less energy and last more than 20 times longer than traditional bulbs.
- In 2011, Philips won the coveted US Department of Energy’s Bright Tomorrow Lighting Prize (L-prize).
- The ‘L-prize bulb’ is the world’s brightest and most energy efficient 60-Watt equivalent replacement and closely mimic an incandescent bulb.
- Philips’ LED based luminaire portfolios offer great light performance while reducing 80% energy consumption and electricity costs.
You can find out more here.
We’ve worked with Philips to choose the best-quality LED lighting for consumers and businesses, and saving energy in the home is a top priority for us. As Lux, the UK’s leading lighting magazine advises, people can reduce their lighting energy bills by a huge amount every year with LEDs.
It published an independent report recently showing that a typical home in the UK fitted with traditional lighting uses 2063.3kWh (kilowatt hours) a year in electricity. Fitting a typical home with LED lighting reduces electricity use to just 364.4kWh – saving £254.86 on bills.
Find out more about how you can cut your energy bills by up to 80% with LED lighting by calling us on 0845 123 6465 or order your lighting on our online shop.