What is Propelair?
The Propelair Toilet system blends air and water to create a powerful, highly efficient flush thus reducing water usage by 84% on average. The system needs just 1.5 litres of water for each flush – compare that with traditional cisterns which typically use nine litres.
Propelair saves more than just water – lower water volume means less energy is required for flushing. This reduces the toilet’s carbon footprint by an average of 80%.
Propelair is approved by
- WRAS (Water Regulations Advisory Scheme)
- BSI Kitemark
- CE-marked for EU sales
- Water Technology List
Traditional toilets when flushed spray bacteria, viruses and moisture through what’s called the ‘sneeze effect’. With Propelair’s unique closable lid, 99.9% of contaminants in the pan are removed by the powerful air flush. It has also raised the bar in hygiene by reducing aerosolised germs by 95%.
More effective cleaning is achieved through the Propelair rimless pan and side hinges for easy access to all parts.
How Does Propelair Work?
- Propelair has a two-section cistern; one for air and one for water
- Before flushing, the lid is closed to form a seal
- When the flush button is pressed water enters the pan, followed by air from the unique patented pump. This powerful flush expels the entire contents of the pan.
- The remaining water refills the water trap
- The flush is completed in three seconds with the toilet ready to be re-flushed in around 30 seconds (subject to water supply pressure)
What do you get when you buy a Propelair System?
- Ceramic toilet pan with plumbing consumables required to connect the pan onto conventional drainage systems (rubber couplings, PVC soil pipe adaptor)
- Lid and seat assembly
- Concealed cistern with water fittings, POWATM air pump and connection hoses
- Power pack including POWATM motor, water pump, control module, flush button and connectors
- 24V battery box and Smart Charger