Every business and home wants to reduce their energy and water bills – could you show them how?
Locations: Scotland, South / London, West Midlands, North West, East of England
- Are you seeking a new role with a rapidly expanding ‘One to Watch’ new breed of company that aims to be “the go-to people for homes and organisations that want to reduce their energy and water bills”
- Due to our growing number of successful projects which are saving our customer millions of pounds, we have an ever increasing number of enquiries of all shapes and sizes, from blue chip or public sector multi sited organisations, schools, major hotel groups, retail chains, through to smaller SMEs. The opportunity is endless – in fact anyone that has a water or energy bill is a potential customer.
- We are seeking strong Business Development Managers to be responsible for the consultative sale of our services and products to these customers in their region and to manage other team members in that region.
- We are a fast growing, enterprising, innovative and entrepreneurial employer and are building our Business Development team to achieve sustainable further growth. Rapid career progression and potential of a profit share from the region you build are possible.
The ideal candidate
We want to appoint strong, driven and self-starting Business Development Managers to take a consultative sales approach to selling. We have a culture of excellence achieved by credible, driven self-starters. You will therefore be hungry and ambitious, target-motivated and able to hit the ground running and a very fast learner.
- You will be driven, ambitious, intelligent and motivated to succeed; ideally with experience in areas such as LED lighting, sustainability, building controls, ESOS and energy surveys, or particular sector experience in hospitality, schools, public sector or retail. Using this experience you will effectively be building your own business unit within a given region, supported by our market leading website feeding you leads & enquiries.
- You will use our existing case studies across numerous verticals to replicate sales in your region and build local relationships with our existing UK wide customers and partners. In addition you will able to demonstrate that can develop your own new customer base beyond our present activity.
- You will have the natural communication skills to create appointments and meetings with the decision makers within any organisation, often at a senior level, managing a range of stakeholders within the customer’s organisation.
- The intellect to present our offering clearly and the benefits of why reducing energy and water consumption and the resulting carbon footprint makes good business sense, understanding the customers’ needs and driving further engagement. You will take a consultative, relationship-lead approach, have strong account management skills.
- Manage the process for the company to conduct energy and water consumption surveys. You will have a strong track record assessing the drivers of any given customer, spotting opportunities.
- Manage other team members in your region, such as Field Sales Technician(s).
- Use this data to build sound, investment ready financial proposals that allow the customer to see the benefits of the savings that can be delivered. Therefore use of all aspect of Microsoft suite, good writing skills and a keen numerical understanding are a given.
- Move the proposal through to close and a confirmed order.
- Manage the customer relationship as the order is delivered and build a long term relationship with the customer for ongoing business.
- Technical competence would be an advantage.
The role is primarily home-based, but with regular visits and interaction with our head office in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
Responsible for business development in one of several key areas in the UK, Scotland is first priority due to a recent major partner contract win, but we are also looking to build our regional model across the West Midlands (Birmingham area), North West (Greater Manchester area) or East of England, London and the South.
If you think you have the skills and the drive then send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.