We’re at the Independent Hotel Show today and tomorrow to show exactly how much hotels can save through energy and water efficiencies.
The business case for cutting energy and water consumption has been fully underpinned with dramatic examples over the past couple of years particularly.
We’ve worked with a broad range of hotel clients to ensure that they make the most of their sustainability strategies, with big savings from projects that deliver a rapid return on investment.
For example, our end-to-end management of lighting and water-saving solutions for Carlson Rezidor in the UK is delivering hundreds of thousands of pounds in reduced bills for Radisson Blu and Park Inn by Radisson properties. Read more here
The Hotel Collection is saving £360,000 a year with our fully managed energy and water-saving solutions, including LED lighting, water-efficient showers and taps, and HVAC controls in guest rooms. Here’s how they’re saving.
And at The Grove, the first stage of an LED lighting retrofit is saving £38,000 a year with the second stage now in process. Learn more here
These are just a few of the many success stories – you can read about them in our Projects section on the website.
And what’s more, the financial benefits do not just end with radically lower energy bills. Hotel valuations are boosted significantly. Every £100,000 we can add to the bottom line of a hotel through energy and water savings, represents up to x10 that amount in asset valuation. Read my Lux magazine article on this.
Six-step energy strategy
In a recent article for HOSPA magazine, Overview, I outlined for hotel finance directors a six-step guide to energy efficiency strategy:
1. Undertake a detailed survey to assess current consumption and scope for improvements
2. Draw up an investment-ready proposal based on actual survey data
3. Insist on smart procurement – selecting proven, branded products with effective warranties that will not reduce guest satisfaction
4. It is essential to work with an experienced installation team that has detailed product knowledge and that understands how to minimise disruption in a working hotel
5. Reinforce the investment and CSR/marketing by sharing news with guests, staff and wider public.
6. Be consistent and maintain brand standards when making replacements.
If you’re are at the Independent Hotel Show, do drop by our stand 103b today or tomorrow and say hello – and find out more about how you can make big, ongoing savings – or call us on 0845 123 5464.