SaveMoneyCutCarbon CEO Mark Sait outlines a six-step energy efficiency strategy for hotel finance directors in HOSPA magazine Overview.
Overview is the influential monthly magazine from HOSPA – the Hospitality Professionals Association and in “The impressive economics of being ‘eco’ “, Mark emphasises the importance of basing hotel sustainability through energy efficiency strategies on realistic, robust business logic backed by clear financial proof, not least the ROI schedules.
To maximise the commercial and eco benefits there are six sound steps that hotel financial directors should take:
1. Undertake a detailed survey to assess current consumption and scope for improvements
2. Draw up an investment-ready proposal based on actual survey data
3. Insist on smart procurement – selecting proven, branded products with effective warranties that will not reduce guest satisfaction
4. It is essential to work with an experienced installation team that has detailed product knowledge and that understands how to minimise disruption in a working hotel
5. Reinforce the investment and CSR/marketing by sharing news with guests, staff and wider public.
6. Be consistent and maintain brand standards when making replacements.
Read the full article: http://issuu.com/hospa/docs/the_overview_may_2015_email/17?e=3602695/13310544