Lux magazine has published a feature highlighting SaveMoneyCutCarbon’s warehouse LED retrofit at Menzies Distribution in Weybridge.
The article features in a “How it’s Done” spread as an example of best-practice end-to-end warehouse LED lighting installation.
Menzies Distribution engaged SaveMoneyCutCarbon to reduce the Weybridge units’ utilities costs substantially while also contributing towards aiding the Carbon Trust Standard re-certification process, which validates reduced carbon footprint.
SaveMoneyCutCarbon managed measurement and survey, with financial modelling then planned and installed LED lighting and intelligent controls, sensing daylight, movement and occupancy across three warehouses and offices.
SaveMoneyCutCarbon worked with lighting manufacturer 8point3 to design and install a direct LED replacement for T5 luminaires in the main warehouse.
- The LED retrofit will save more than £12,000 a year in energy costs.
- Carbon emissions reduced by around 74 per cent, saving 50 tonnes of CO2 a year.
- Payback on investment will be in less than 3 years.
- Energy consumption has been cut by nearly 30 per cent.
- Maintenance costs have been greatly reduced with new LED lighting lifespan of 50,000 hours compared to 5000 hours of the old fittings.
The Weybridge distribution centre comprises three units with warehousing, stores and office space, with a range of light fittings, including fluorescent tubes, panels, 2D lamps and floodlights.