Ford car dealership energy savings story is covered in the business news of Isle of Wight County Press.
Read the full car dealership energy-saving case study: SaveMoneyCutCarbon Premier Ford case study
A comprehensive LED lighting retrofit at Premier Ford, the Isle of Wight’s biggest Ford dealership, has slashed energy costs by more than 50 per cent, cutting carbon emissions by up to 70 per cent and improving quality of light.
The busy dealership on the Riverway Industrial Estate, Newport has a six-vehicle showroom with six offices, body shop, workshop and store area. Energy efficiency specialists SaveMoneyCutCarbon managed the LED retrofit, which replaced 230 fittings and lamps.
The dealership has achieved its goals to:
- Help the business go green by reducing carbon footprint
- Reduce ongoing energy and maintenance costs
- Improve working environment with better light quality
- Manage retrofit costs through five-year finance deal.
- Premier Ford Isle of Wight was consuming more than 75,000 kWh annually before the LED retrofit, which has reduced energy use by more than 50 per cent.
- Annual carbon footprint has been reduced by up to 70 per cent annually, improving the dealership’s sustainable business goals.
- Further significant savings will be made through much-reduced lighting maintenance costs as the LED solutions have lifespan of up to 50,000 hours, more than 20x that of previous fittings.
- Quality of light has added to the showroom ambience and appeal as well as improving working environment.
- The LED external floodlights have improved visibility, safety and security.