About our heating, ventilation & air conditioning
Heating, ventilation & air conditioning (HVAC) use a huge amount of energy in hotels. In fact, air conditioning and heating can increase a building’s energy consumption and associated carbon emissions by up to 100%.
Heating and air conditioning can account for 60% to 80% of your hotel’s total energy costs but it’s possible to reduce your heating costs by up to a third, which means substantial savings and a much-reduced carbon foot print. Our recommended HVAC solution uses the latest wireless technology to connect the micro sensors so installation is very quick – equivalent to the room being cleaned – that means rooms do not have to be taken out of service.Read More
The single most important piece of information needed for any HVAC solution is whether a room is occupied and the most effective way to find out is through a combination of sensors, including an entry-door monitor and one or more occupancy sensors. Without the combination of an entry door monitor and occupancy sensors, you are compromised: either the system must take a lengthy period of time to determine if a room is unoccupied, or it must risk the occupants’ comfort while they are sleeping. If the system must take a lengthy period of time to determine occupancy, then its ability to achieve energy savings is lowered dramatically. Every second longer that a system takes to determine occupancy means less efficiency and dramatically-reduced savings. Our recommended solution also means improved guest satisfaction. When they are in the hotel room the system is under their control via the existing thermostat. Unlike many key card solutions, the guest is not even aware that the system is working to save your hotel money. Systems that do not use a combination of sensors to determine occupancy either create unnecessary guest discomfort or less than optimal energy savings.
We have conducted extensive research at a wide range of hotels and our research showed that hotel guest rooms are often empty for up to 46% of any 24-hour guest stay and during this time you continue to drain cash by heating or cooling the room. Our intelligent system can be installed in under 60 minutes which means that you do not have to lose money by taking rooms out of service.
Energy consumption in a typical hotel
After installation, monitors check whether the guest is in-room and, if not, they switch that room to a money-saving, energy-saving mode. The vast majority of hotels that have installed this solution are cash-flow positive from day one because the immediate energy savings are so high.
Potential for savings when guest is present in room
Take a look at the HVAC Savings with SMCC GEM Wireless that you could be making.
200-bedroom hotel example – consider the typical savings that you could be instantly making.
- Generally, hotels have costs associated with 7months of heating and 2 months of cooling in any given year in a typical UK climate.
- Say that we estimate only 2 hours in a 24-hour stay where the guest is not present
- This is when the eco mode is operating.
- The typical saving would be £38K per year.
- Companies should also be aware that all of our products meet the Enhanced Capital Allowances (ECA) specifications, allowing you to claim back 100% of your capital expenditure in Year One.
- We have also developed advanced financial modelling tools and comprehensive savings calculators to calculate and verify your hotel’s exact potential savings and reduced carbon footprint. Please contact us directly to find out exactly how we can help you to start making significant savings and also contribute towards climate protection.
- Our innovative financing options could allow you to use your savings to pay for the products avoiding the need for capital. Due to the fact that the immediate energy savings are so high and our financing options for our system spreads the capital expenditure payments, sharing in the savings, the vast majority of hotels that have installed this solution are cash-flow positive from day one. This is because utility bill savings are generally greater than finance payments. That means you can start enjoying the benefits of the industry’s best HVAC energy management solution without waiting for capital budgeting or impacting your existing operating budget.
ADDITIONAL REASONS TO CUT CARBON AT YOUR HOTEL
The hospitality sector is responsible for over 3.5 million tonnes of carbon emissions per year. It is estimated that energy savings of up to 20%, equivalent to more than £200 million, are possible across the sector.
Taking action on climate change delivers energy cost reductions, enhanced reputation, satisfied and motivated employees and stakeholders, the ability to proactively manage regulatory compliance, and competitive leadership through planning new business innovations.
A structured approach to reducing your carbon footprint by managing your heating and air conditioning consumption, one of the largest energy consumers and cost to your hotel, can save you a surprising amount on your energy bill. Our approach is to help you to make sure you have a consistency across your hotel or hotel chain, by giving you the confidence that you have the same solution installed in every room, that is working to maximize the saving without impacting guest satisfaction, providong the necessary calculators to work out your saving, so you can demonstrate a proven level of carbon reduction and where applicable use this to offset your CRC tax.
The Carbon Reduction Commitment Energy Efficiency Scheme (CRC) is a mandatory carbon emissions reporting and pricing scheme to cover all organisations using more than 6,000MWh per year of electricity (equivalent to an annual electricity bill of about £500,000).
CRC came into force in April 2010 and aims to significantly reduce UK carbon emissions not covered by other pieces of legislation. The primary focus is to reduce emissions in non-energy intensive sectors in the UK.
As all of our HVAC solutions are bespoke and tailored to meet your individual requirements please email us directly and we would be delighted to assist you: email@example.com