Our robust T8 & T5 LED Barracuda tubes
One of our most popular products is the range of Barracuda LED tubes. These LED tubes have been specifically designed to easily replace existing or complete LED chassis with our fully certified LED tubes fitted. These tubes are ideal for installation in volume or, for ease of fitment, in any office or factory.
• No ballast, starter or other is required.
• High brightness 6/7Lm per LED.
• Great efficiency over 100lm/W.
• High CRI and colours from 3000K to 6000K options available.
• Rugged 85V – 265VAC design for long life.
• Huge efficiency and equivalent light levels to existing T8/T10 tubes not seen before from LED fluorescent replacements.
• Surface mounted LEDs ensure good thermal bonding and even light placement throughout the tube.
• No ‘seascape’ or rippled light seen from DIL led tubes.
• All LED tubes have passed and been tested to LM-80-08.
• Our LEDs used in Barracuda Tubes are to be driven up to 30mA – we only drive them at 18mA and that achieved over 100lm/W.
• To 50,000hrs LED is designed to operate in situ of 55°C – our tubes are only between 44.3°C – 52.8°C – depends on length of the tube.
• There is no hidden power consumption in any of our Barracuda LED tubes as the driver is built in and therefore all figures quoted are for total power consumption.
EASY TO REPLACE?
• Simply remove or bypass your ballast. Remove starter form the existing circuit and replace it with our ArmadilloLED Starter – and your existing fittings are ready to use with your Barracuda tubes.
• BE AWARE however of other fittings and re-wiring requirements for some LED Tubes available on the market. Many serious defects (that endanger personal safety) were found in the tests we performed to fulfil the market surveillance needs. These not only failed our rigorous Quality Assurance verification tests but also failed fundamental Health and Safety compliance tests.
• During mounting the free end connector of the LED tube might be live. Protection against electric shock in the case of one-sided insertion (EN 60598-1, 8.2.1 and Annex A) was missing in some of our competitor’s LED T8 tubes that we tested.
• The Armadillo LED Barracuda Tubes WILL NOT light until both ends are connected to the mains.
*CLEAR or OPAQUE lens
2ft – 600mm
3ft – 900mm
4ft – 1200mm
5ft – 1500mm
6ft – 1800mm
8ft – 2400mm
* Clear – Maximum light output for placing behind diffusers, or where high light level required
* Opaque – Ideal retrofit replacement with CAT2 Louvres and any other ‘open’ fixtures. Clean aesthetic colour, used in areas with direct eye contact.
TEST STANDARDS COMPLIANCE:
Compliance with 47 CFR PART 15 & ANSI C634.